Ahhh, Valentine’s Day. The mention of the holiday sets many hearts aflutter– and some into panic. If you fall into the second category, have no fear! We came up with a list of the most charming, unique ways to sweep your guy or girl off their feet. From the perfect dessert, to that romantic getaway she’s always dreamed of (and you almost forgot), we’ve got you covered. With our help, your day will be full of smiles and smooches. Don’t worry; you can still fit some of them into a goofy, heart-shaped box.
- Host an intimate gathering…suspended 150ft above the ground.
- Skydiving. Don’t try to get too romantic and pack each other’s chutes.
- His and hers paintball. There’s a fine line here between doing something fun together and working out issues. Take it easy.
- Maybe less contact…Laser Tag?
- To get your hearts beating a bit faster, try a hot air balloon ride with champagne.
- Run a 5K/10K together, and make caloric room for a decadent dinner.
- Each pick a different cheesy roadside attraction or the weirdest place inside your city and go, then vote on the greatest find.
- Go camping. Sleeping bags in a tent, s’mores and wine by the fire. Hot coffee by the lake in the morning.
- Ice skating, snow tubing, skiing…maybe a winter’s dip and hot cocoa at The Omni Homestead Resort?
- Dinner for two, at the zoo. The Fort Worth Zoo offers a Valentine’s Dinner package including meal, open bar, and a chance to meet some furry friends.
- Recreate your first date, complete with your first meal, your first movie, and all its newness and nervousness.
- Drive out to an open space and stargaze, maybe with a dinner picnic?
- A gondola ride on Lake Carolyn at the Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas.
- Be a Tourist in your city: Choose one local tourist attraction in your city you have never experienced and go try something new!
- A kiss at the top of the Centennial Park ferris wheel next to the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center.
- Plan an ultimate dinner at home. Coordinate a meaningful menu, decorate a room, and shut out the world.
- Take a cooking class. Try your local specialty grocery store for opportunities…Central Market in Texas has great events.
- Picnic in the backyard/living room/local cliff, but make a day of it – visit local businesses i.e. chocolate factories, cheese shops, wineries, bakeries, etc. for all of the food/drinks.
- Fondue. It’s a slow, fun meal, lots of time for eating and talking.
- Staycation at a favorite local hotel. *Insider tip – be in the Omni Dallas Hotel rooftop pool as the sun is going down…a sunset view of downtown Dallas followed by the lights of the hotel coming on!
- Paint them something – Buy canvases and paint, make something for each other while in the same room.
- Pick the day before Valentine’s Day instead to surprise your special someone…and avoid the crowds.
- Check out a few wineries. “Hire” a single friend to do the driving.
- Couples massage.
- Romance themed scavenger hunt – try hiding photos and memorabilia from your relationship with directions on where to find the next item…where the hunt ends is your choice!
- Mail a love letter, not a commercial made card, a real hand written letter (no one gets letters anymore).
- Make a new Instagram account with a bunch of relationship pictures (i.e. photo of first date location).
- Drive-In Movie: Throw back to another time and enjoy a movie under the stars. Weather permitting, drag the TV outdoors and create your own drive in experience.
- Take your favorite couples to to a karaoke bar and sing silly love songs.
- Invite other couples to walk around the city all night as a group, and find a place to eat breakfast at dawn.
- Throw a costume party for everyone, theme is famous couples in history.
- Progressive Dinner: Dinner reservations can be hard to secure on a busy night like Valentine’s day, so switch it up by walking or trying 3 or 4 locations for drinks, apps, entrée only and dessert. Bonus points if you snuggle up at the bar and decide your next dining location based on the mixologist’s recommendation!
- Give your Valentine a dozen (or two) of roses with a note on each rose about what you love about that person.
- Catch your significant other off guard, instead of having flowers delivered by a florist, deliver them yourself.
- Buy flowers together, then go to a local nursing home or homeless shelter and pass out flowers, candy, gift cards, etc…share the love!
- Breakfast in Bed, always a pleaser. Make something special, and settle in.
- Plan a tech-free evening just the two of you with no TV, phone, instagram, facebook (the list goes on) distractions.
- Make each other CDs of their most memorable songs together.
- Bury a time capsule, and promise not to dig it up until much later or something. Add songs that remind you of each other, movie stubs from dates, letters to each other, pictures, etc.
- Have a Valentine’s Day photo shoot. Take time to create beautiful photos of each other, and together.
- Recreate the “Say Anything” boombox scene outside their window.
- Dress each other in whatever you want them to wear to dinner. No vetos.
- Ladies: Call your Dad and tell him he’ll always be your true Valentine. Gents, send her mom a card and/or flowers…time to earn her points with her best friend.
- Bake & decorate a cake together and then demolish it
- Leave notes all around the house, their car, anywhere you can think to remind them what they mean to you, the things you love about them, and promises for the future.
- Make an “I love ____ ” book with 20 things or so you love about your significant other to give as a gift.
- Paddle off into the sunset.
Not For The Faint Of Hearts.
Love Birds, Out Of The Nest.
Those Who Cook Together, Stay Together.
Valentines, En Masse.
Big Heart, Small Price Tag.
Valentine’s Level: Expert.