This summer, Omni is having a love affair with avocados, and you’re invited.
To the delight and anticipation of our guests, Omni Hotels & Resorts is once again spotlighting one of the country’s most popular ingredients. This summer, you can experience the versatility of avocados with the “Art of Water” menu, available at all properties with a pool. Recipes include Avocado Grilled Cheese, Avocado Hummus, fish tacos, Ahi Tuna Poke and, of course, the Jalapeno Avocado Margarita.
There’s no end to the avocados or the many ways we will prepare them.
With more than 30,000 orchards in Michoacán, Mexico, growing avocados year-round, there are endless ways to utilize this abundant ingredient. With a creamy and irresistibly smooth taste, Avocados From Mexico enhance a wide variety of cuisines – as this year’s “Art of Water” menu deliciously demonstrates.
Four master chefs. A bounty of avocados. Let the culinary feast begin.
The culinary masterminds behind the menu are Executive Chefs Daven Wardynski (Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort), Jason Adams (Omni La Costa Resort & Spa), Jonathan Stutzman (Omni Tucson National Resort), and Robert Ash (Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate). Together, they’ve collaborated to produce a collection of dishes that display their avocado expertise.
Guests can expect a delicious array of inventive presentations such as Avocado Spring Rolls with avocado “ranch” sauce; and Sonoran Hot Dog with bacon, avocado bean spread, mustard, tomato, and avocado mayo – in addition to avocado classics like Charred Onion Guacamole with sweet corn, turmeric, and corn tortilla chips; and Avocado Grilled Cheese with goat cheese, green onion, and pistachio on Texas toast.
Ahi Tuna Poke – light, refreshing, and delicious. A poolside favorite.
• 4 oz. Grade A Tuna
• 1 oz. Tuna Marinade (mix 16 oz. soy sauce, 2 oz. sesame oil, 2 oz. mirin, 4 oz. rice wine vinegar, 4 oz. yuzu juice)
• 0.20 oz. Sliced Scallions
• 1 pinch Black Sesame Seeds
• 1 oz. Medium Diced Avocado
• 1 oz. Medium Diced Mango
• 0.5 oz. Hydrated Wakame Seaweed
• 2 oz. Tortilla Chips
• 1 pinch Togarashi
• 1 pinch Lime Zest
1. Mix the tuna with the scallions, seaweed, mango, and half of the avocado
2. Place the mixed tuna in the serving vessel
3. Sprinkle the tuna with the sesame seeds and scallions, and garnish on top with the remaining avocado pieces
4. Serve with tortilla chips that have been seasoned with lime zest and togarashi
Avocado Grilled Cheese – a creamy twist to a poolside classic.
1. Butter each side of the Texas Toast
2. Spread the goat cheese in the middle and sprinkle with the crushed pistachio
3. Add the charred and chopped green onion and sliced avocado to the middle
4. Griddle until golden brown and serve
Let’s raise our glasses to the avocado.
In a cocktail conceptualized by Kim Haasarud, a James Beard-honored master mixologist and accomplished author, avocados also make an appearance on the “Art of Water” cocktail menu. The versatile fruit is hand muddled into a spicy Jalapeno Avocado Margarita. If you prefer a taste for the tropics, there’s also a sweet Mango Ancho Avocado Margarita.
Jalapeno Avocado Margarita – a refreshingly delicious way to beat the heat.
• 1 1/2 oz. Tanteo Jalapeno Tequila
• 1 Fresh Lemon, juiced
• 1 Fresh Lime, juiced
• 1 oz. Monin Organic Agave
• 1/2 Avocado From Mexico
• 3/4 oz. Orange Liqueur
• TAJIN Clasico Seasoning
1. Rim cocktail glass with lime juice and Tajin Clasico
2. Place half a ripe avocado into a mixing glass and muddle into a smooth puree
3. Add ice and all other ingredients, and shake vigorously
4. Strain into an ice-filled, prepared cocktail glass
5. Garnish with a cilantro-lime popsicle (optional)
Yet another successful menu in our annual summer culinary series.
Every summer, Omni Hotels & Resorts spotlight one of the country’s most popular ingredients to bring to life new flavors and experiences for our guests. In the past, we’ve discovered the Magic of Maple and the Flavor of Honey. There’s never any telling what our chefs will come up with, but one thing is for certain: it’s always a treat.
The Avocados From Mexico “Art of Water” poolside menu is available at select Omni properties throughout the summer. For more information, visit omnihotels.com, call 1-800-The-Omni, or follow Omni at Facebook.com/OmniHotels and Twitter.com/OmniHotels.