This year’s “102 Days of Summer” promotion is well under way at Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate. Activities like dive in movies by the pool, scavenger hunts to keep the young ones entertained, and S’mores by the firepit, are just a few of the ways families enjoy each other and their time at the resort. (102 Days of Summer package)
A trend that is growing in popularity is the interest in culinary experiences, so this year Omni Orlando enhanced its offerings with a series of demonstrations that guests can actively participate in. From kids making pizzas, (rolling their own dough and choosing their own toppings), to craft beer and bourbon education, and chefs demonstrating how to create a gourmet appetizer, guests are having fun while learning, and our chefs enjoy the opportunity to interact with guests.
Here is a run down of the classes offered during the month of August, and most demonstrations and tastings are free to participate in.
• Fridays at 3pm, in the Lobby Bar, Craft Beer Education and Tasting* covers four types of beers and tasting notes: IPA’s, Stout, Porter and Blonde Ale. Our bartenders walk guests through the full tasting etiquette from the beer’s appearance, aroma, first sip, mouth feel, and finish.
• Fridays at 4pm, at the resort firepit, Chefs demonstrate the preparation of an appetizer, featuring the ingredient of the month. Each month, the resort highlights a locally grown or harvested ingredient that is featured in the restaurant menus. July’s ingredient was Shrimp, August’s ingredient will be Tomatoes. Guests who attend the demonstration receive a recipe card so they can practice their favorite dishes at home.
• Saturdays at 3pm, in David’s Club, Bourbon Education and Tasting.* This month we are sampling Michter’s line of brown liquors to include: Bourbon, American Whiskey, Sour Mash and Straight Rye. Bartenders discuss the two ways liquor is produced (single barrel vs. small batch). Each product is prepared for tasting and guests are provided with take-home recipes of the classic Manhattan, Whiskey Sour and Old Fashioned. Cost for attending is $15 per person.
• Also Saturdays at 3pm, a Ravioli Cooking Demonstration at Trevi’s Restaurant. Our Chef demonstrates handmade pasta to a completed dish, and guests enjoy a tasting – a fun experience for the whole family!
• Afterwards, at 4pm, the Sushi rolling demonstration at ZEN restaurant is a fun way for the entire family to engage with our talented chefs of ZEN as they demonstrate the fine art of rolling Sushi, and offer take-home instruction and inspiration.
In addition to the interactive guest experiences, we welcome our adult guests with our signature resort drink, Crocodile Rock*, from 3-5pm, Fridays and Saturdays. Join us! *Must be 21 to participate