"LIVE LIKE A PRESIDENT" AT THE OMNI SHOREHAM HOTEL
Washington D.C. (Nov. 17, 2008) – From Harry S. Truman to George W. Bush, the historic Omni Shoreham Hotelin Washington, DC has played host to presidents for over 75 years and now offers a way for its guests to “Live Like the President” with its 2009 Inauguration Packages, the “44th Commander-In-Chief” and the “58th Inauguration.” Packed with presidential perks, these packages are unlike any others. Guests will receive first-class treatment during their stay, highlighted by witnessing history at the “A New Birth of Freedom” Inaugural events including the swearing-in ceremony, parade and gala.
“We are excited to celebrate this special time for our country by offering guests a memorable experience of monumental proportions,” said Ann Peterson, general manager of the hotel. “From a private jet to a jewelry shopping spree and a 24/7 personal concierge, these packages will make guests the ultimate DC insiders.”
The 44th Commander-In-Chief Package is $440,000 for a four-night stay for four guests in the two-bedroom Shoreham Presidential Suite. The package also includes:
- Private jet for arrival and departure
- Private in-room dinner for four, prepared by a personal chef with entertainment by political satirist Mark Russell
- Private breakfast served daily
- Personal concierge and chauffeur available 24 hours a day
- Entry for four to “A New Birth of Freedom” inaugural events on January 20
- $44,000 shopping spree from the Lambros Jewelry Inauguration Collection
- Pre-inauguration makeover by Elizabeth Arden’s Red Door Salon & Spa
- Commemorative inaugural photo album with a personal inaugural photographer
- Personalized President and First Lady cologne and perfume
To complete the exceptional experience, the package will surpass the West Wing when guests set out on their own to Russia with a “Foreign Policy Trip" five-night gift certificate to the Kempinski Hotel Moika 22 in St. Petersburg, Russia and first-class roundtrip airfare for four. The Omni Shoreham Hotel will also donate a portion of the package price to the purchasers’ charity of choice.
The 58th Inauguration Package is $58,000 and includes a four-night stay in a one-bedroom Presidential Suite. The package also includes:
- Two first-class airline tickets for arrival and departure
- Private presidential breakfast served daily
- Personal chauffeur available 24 hours a day
- Entry for two to “A New Birth of Freedom” inaugural events on January 20
- Private in-room dinner
- $5,800 shopping spree from the Lambros Jewelry Inauguration Collection
- Commemorative inaugural photo album
The Omni Shoreham Hotel’s Live Like a President 2009 inaugural packages will be available January 17-23, 2009. The packages must be pre-paid, are non-refundable and require a minimum seven-day advance purchase. Rates do not include taxes, and the offer is subject to availability. Guest may contact the hotel’s director of marketing, Paul Sharp, to book the package at 202-756-5112.
ABOUT THE OMNI SHOREHAM HOTEL
Since 1930, the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. has played host to presidents, world leaders and inaugural balls, making it a true historic Washington landmark. Located in one of the most influential cities of the world with 834 luxury guest rooms, this grand luxury hotel offers a resort atmosphere and a personal taste of politics, culture, art and music at its best. The four-diamond Omni Shoreham Hotel is nestled on 11 acres in picturesque Rock Creek Park in northwest Washington, DC and is only steps away from the National Zoo.
ABOUT OMNI HOTELS
Omni Hotels creates compelling, memorable guest experiences at 43 luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. From exceptional golf and spa retreats to dynamic business settings, each location features four-diamond services, including award-winning signature restaurants, Wi-Fi connectivity and unique fitness options. Omni’s mission for total customer service is further supported by its “Power of One” program that empowers associates to make on-the-spot decisions to meet or exceed guest expectations. Guests can locate hotels and book accommodations by visiting www.omnihotels.com or by calling 1-800-THE-OMNI