SOUTH HILLS HIGH SCHOOL AND OMNI FORT WORTH HOTEL FORGE PARTNERSHIP
FORT WORTH, TX (March 27, 2012) - Fort Worth ISD’s South Hills High School and the Omni Fort Worth Hotel announced today a partnership to provide valuable student opportunities, including onsite visits, job shadows, mentoring and college scholarships. In an ongoing effort to support its community, the Omni Fort Worth Hotel will offer various opportunities to South Hills students and faculties throughout the year. These opportunities include:
- A mentor program for all levels of students involved in the South Hills’ culinary programs and AVID, a college readiness system
- Omni Fort Worth Hotel associates will serve on an advisory board for the culinary division of South Hills’ Gold Seal Programs of Choice, a program allowing students to choose an area of focus for their education
- During the summer of 2012, South Hills students may participate in an externship and will be mentored by an Omni Fort Worth Hotel chef.
- Full and-part-time positions in the hotel will be available for students and recent graduates, including multiple seasonal positions for the summer of 2012
- Job shadows will be available for students in several divisions of the hotel, including the sales, associate serves and finance departments
- Two scholarships will be given to graduating seniors from the class of 2012, who plan to participate in a hospitality program at a two or four-year university
“These community partnerships are essential to the success of education,” said District Superintendent Walter Dansby. “We are grateful to the Omni Fort Worth Hotel for stepping up to offer opportunities that can help shape the future for our students.”
"Since we opened our doors in 2009, we’ve aimed to serve our community," said Dan Piotrowski, general manager at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel. "When we sat down with South Hills High School, we recognized the opportunity to help the students. There are many aspects to the hospitality industry that are overlooked as careers, and we want the students to be exposed the various career paths available to them.”
To kick off the partnership, the organizations invite the local community to attend a friendly softball game at South Hills High School between a team of Omni Fort Worth Hotel associates and a team of South Hill’s faculty and students at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 28. The game will be played on the school’s softball field, located at 6101 McCart Avenue in Fort Worth. Cost of admission to the game is $1 for students and $3 for adults with the proceeds benefitting the school’s athletic department. Fort Worth ISD Superintendent Walter Dansby and Omni’s Piotrowski will throw out the first pitches, signifying the start of both the game and the organizations’ partnership.