THE OMNI HOMESTEAD RESORT IN VIRGINIA KICKS OFF 250TH ANNIVERSARY WITH FESTIVE EVENTS & OFFERINGS THROUGH 2016
“America’s First Resort” marks its sestercentennial with monthly gala dinners, exclusive partnerships, daily anniversary tea birthday parties, a 250th anniversary spa package and more
February 18, 2016 Hot Springs, Va.
– Celebrating its 250th anniversary
this year, The Omni Homestead Resort
in Hot Springs, Va., is announcing an exciting lineup of anniversary-themed packages, partnerships and parties to celebrate throughout the year ahead. Since opening its doors in 1766, 10 years before the Declaration of Independence was signed, the iconic resort has played host to more than 20 presidents, royalty, dignitaries and celebrities; maintaining its status as one of the nation’s most acclaimed resorts. Perfectly nestled in the timeless beauty of Virginia’s Allegheny Mountains, here is what is on the calendar at “America’s First Resort” for 2016:
- Special Anniversary Culinary Events – Arrive at The Omni Homestead with an appetite this year. On the third Saturday of each month, the resort will host a black-tie optional Monthly Gala Dinner in the Main Dining Room with big band music, champagne toasts and special historical menus, setting an elegant and festive scene.
- Partners in Celebration – This year, the resort will draw on local companies to create anniversary-themed exclusive partnerships, including a partnership with Smooth Ambler Spirits of Greenbrier County, W.Va., to create a private label; Trump Winery of Charlottesville, Va. and Prince Michel Winery of Leon, Va., to turn out private label wines; and Heritage Brewing Co. of nearby Manassas, Va., to brew a special “Homestead 250th” ale. All the beverages will be available by the glass or bottle for toasting onsite or to take home.
- 366 Days of Birthday Cake – The 250th anniversary celebration of The Omni Homestead began the moment the calendar flipped to 2016, and will continue daily throughout the year with special Anniversary Afternoon Celebrations. Featuring a different cake flavor each day and topped with a handcrafted 250th candle, the cake will be presented and blown out by specially selected resort honorees.
- Monthly Speaker Series – Enjoy stimulating conversation as the resort invites captivating individuals to share their expertise with topics inspired by a monthly theme. Included in the lineup is Emmy-Award winning Celebrity Chef Walter Staib and former Executive Pastry Chef for the White House Roland Mesnier in August, while award-winning Fly Fishing author & speaker Beau Beasley will discuss the natural wonders inhabiting the property’s grounds in honor of National Outdoor Activities Month in June.
- Age with Grace – Guests can anticipate looking and feeling their ageless best with a 250th Anniversary Spa Package. Designed to be enjoyed by both women and men and available throughout the year, the package includes a European Facial, a Spa Pedicure, and a soothing Mineral Bath specially priced at just $250.
Don’t wait to enjoy The Omni Homestead’s 250th anniversary year! The resort is offering a special Bed & Breakfast package with rates starting at $235 per night (double occupancy). For more information or to make reservations at The Omni Homestead Resort, please contact (800) 838-1766 or visit www.thehomestead.com
About The Omni Homestead Resort
Celebrating its 250th Anniversary in 2016, The Omni Homestead Resort is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural healing springs, The Omni Homestead Resort is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, and more than 30 recreational amenities. The resort, which was honored by AAA Mid-Atlantic in 2016 as a Four Diamond ® property, offers an expansive, luxurious spa with exclusive, adults-only spa garden and two championship golf courses including The Cascades, one of the nation's finest mountain courses. Allegheny Springs is a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides, family pool and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area; a beautiful Equestrian Center with 28 stalls, visiting barn with 40 stalls and riding arena; top-rated Shooting Club with trap, skeet, sporting clays; fly-fishing; archery; falconry; Segway tours; Mini Cascades, an 18-hole miniature golf course and a wealth of other recreational attractions. The Homestead became part of Omni Hotels & Resorts on July 1, 2013.
About Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omni Hotels & Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinct luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. With over 20 world-class golf courses and award-winning spa retreats, to dynamic business settings, each Omni showcases the local flavor of the destination while featuring four-diamond services, signature restaurants, Wi-Fi connectivity and unique wellness options. Known for its distinguished, personalized service, Omni leaves a lasting impression with every customer interaction, with a heightened level of recognition and rewards delivered through its Select Guest loyalty program and the company’s “Power of One” associate empowerment program. The brand is frequently recognized by top consumer research organizations and travel publications and was ranked “Highest in Guest Satisfaction Among Upper Upscale Hotel Chains” in the J.D. Power 2015 North American Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index StudySM. To get additional information or book accommodations, visit omnihotels.com
or call 1-800-The-Omni.