Omni is committed to employing a diverse workforce that includes the talents of soon-to-be and recent graduates. As an employer of choice, Omni attracts college graduates from across the country.
“Starting my career with Omni was one of the best decisions I have made. I began my journey as an intern at the corporate office and have since had the opportunity to open 2 fantastic properties in Dallas, Texas and most recently Nashville, Tennessee. Through my experiences with Omni I have had the chance to work with many people from around the country. Omni recognizes the potential of college graduates and strives to develop these young professionals into hospitality leaders. Omni is a strong advocate of promotion from within; it’s a wonderful feeling to know your company has a vested interest in your future!”
Caitlin Bay, Benefits Manager, Omni Nashville Hotel
Texas A&M University, 2011, B.S., Human Resource Development
Diverse and dynamic learning opportunities are available to all of our Associates; however, Omni’s unique commitment to recent graduates is evident through its Leader/Manager in Development program.
"Transitioning from college into the real world is an arduous task. Finding the perfect job with a quality company can be challenging, but through Omni, the transition was smooth. I was inspired by the Omni culture, which invests in employees while promoting personal development through strong leadership and continuous training. The Leadership in Development program matched my desire to learn with unlimited opportunities to grow as a leader and develop key competencies in the Sales field, leading to my first management position."
Caleb Peterson, Sales Manager, Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
Pittsburgh State University, 2012, B.S., Business Administration
Leader/Manager in Development
Designed to propel the recent college graduate, the Leader/Manager in Development program exposes our future managers to all aspects of hotel operations with a specific emphasis on one of the following five disciplines:
- Food & Beverage
- Human Resources
As a Leader/Manager in Development, your experiences will include:
- Communication with senior company leaders
- Detailed and relevant learning modules
- Practical application of academic learning
- Support and guidance from an Executive Committee member
- Networking both within your property and across the company
- Career placement assistance within Omni upon program completion
"Omni's 'Power of One' philosophy is rooted in the belief of the individual Associate and how they can deliver a memorable experience to the guest. All Associates understand that this is the foundation of the Omni culture. That is why every opportunity to make a guest connection, every moment of service, is at the heart of each Associate."
Fareez Dossani, Food and Beverage Leader in Development, Omni Dallas Hotel
The Culinary Institute of America, B.S., Culinary Arts Management
Our investment in Associates does not end with this program. Through our Core Value of Leaders Creating Leaders, Omni prepares its Associates for the future with proprietary training programs that develop aspiring hospitality professionals. Omni maintains a distinguished internal promotion rate within the hospitality industry.
- Omni Management Development Series — Critical hospitality operations principles such as situational leadership, mentoring, recruiting and retention, finance, associate relations and revenue management are shared with managers during this five-course training series.
- Self-Directed Development Programs — Associates interested in taking the next step in their career can embark on a Self-Directed Development Program specific to their ideal future position.
- Introduction to Management — Select soon-to-be and newly promoted managers are invited to a semi-annual training program to interact with corporate executives, share best practices and prepare for their new leadership role.
- Executive in Development — Select mid-level managers are prepared for executive-level advancement through this dynamic program that incorporates property-level mentorships and a unique annual training conference.