The omni amelia island plantation announces $85 million redevelopment
Omni Hotels & Resorts Re-Imagines Luxury North Florida Coastal Island Resorts
AMELIA ISLAND, FL (November 21, 2011) – Carefully placed among lush saltwater marshes and scenic, dune-swept beaches, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation was masterfully designed in 1972 as a luxury Florida beach destination in harmony with its natural environment. Beginning a new chapter in its nearly 40-year heritage, the resort broke ground November 18, 2011, for an extensive $85 million re-imagination. The redevelopment includes: an expanded 70,000 square-foot conference center; 155 additional guest rooms and suites; a new arrival experience featuring a beautiful lobby with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the ocean; a new, expanded Beach Club poolscape; improved connectivity with rerouted roads and sidewalks; and more food and beverage offerings. The lure of stunning ocean sunrises and brilliant marsh sunsets, which has drawn generations of guests, will now be enhanced while maintaining its sense of true Southern hospitality and relaxed luxury.
- The conference center will gain 20,000 square feet – inclusive of a 16,500-square-foot ballroom and new pre-function area – for a total of 70,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space.
- An additional 155 guest rooms, including 27 suites, will be constructed on the north end of the resort, increasing the total room count to 404 ocean-front guest rooms.
- An enhanced arrival experience, with one welcome center for both hotel and villa guests, will showcase ocean views overlooking an infinity edge pool through floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Directly off the hotel lobby, the new Beach Club will offer 50 percent more water and hard surface space for sun-seekers to lounge with additional food and beverage services and expanded changing facilities. The adult, infinity edge pool will cascade down into a larger, splash-friendly family pool, and two hot tubs will be located adjacent to a new bar area – all boasting spectacular Atlantic Ocean views.
- More diverse dining experiences, with the addition of a steak house, pizza eatery, sushi/tapas restaurant and more, will please any appetite.
- New roads and walkways will be redesigned to improve traffic flow and enhance pedestrian connectivity, including easy access to the beach, signature spa, shopping village and recreational areas.
- Parking will also be improved with a new, three-story structure creating 350 extra space as well as 70 new valet spots.
- As the largest employer currently in Nassau County, Omni Hotels & Resorts will add at least 100 new jobs once the enhancements are complete in the spring of 2013.
Welcoming guests to experience the authentic, Low Country North Florida lifestyle, the luxury resort already boasts 249 guest rooms; multi-bedroom villas available at the neighboring Villas of Amelia Island; three-and-a-half miles of wide, uncrowded beaches; a two-tiered poolscape and Beach Club; the most seaside golf holes in Florida; 23 Har-Tru® tennis courts; a nature-inspired spa with yoga treehouse; nine on-property culinary options; shopping village with boutiques, restaurants and gift shops; and state-of-the-art fitness center. Adventurers can take advantage of countless recreational opportunities, such as kayaking along Florida’s barrier island, crab grabbing with a Nature Center naturalist, horseback riding along the Atlantic Ocean or rolling over wooden bridges and through maritime forests on bike or Segway.
- For additional information, call 1-800-The-Omni or visit omniameliaislandplantation.com
About the Omni Amelia Island Plantation
Beginning a new chapter in its nearly 40-year heritage, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation is undergoing an extensive re-imagination project -- its first renovation since 1982. As Florida’s award-winning island destination, the 1,350-acre plantation is recognized for offering a luxury resort experience in perfect harmony with nature. The certified Green Lodging Destination is nestled between the Atlantic Ocean, marshlands and the Intracoastal Waterway, located just north of Jacksonville, Fla. The resort currently features three-and-a-half miles of wide, uncrowded beaches; 49,000 square feet of flexible meeting space; 54 holes of championship golf; 23 tennis courts; a large, two-tiered poolscape and beach club; a shopping village with restaurants, boutiques and gift shops as well as the nature-inspired signature spa; a state-of-the-art fitness center; nine culinary options ranging from casual to fine dining; kids camps; and numerous activities for adventurers including water sports, horseback riding, walking, hiking and Segway tours. The Omni Amelia Island Plantation features 249 oceanview guest rooms. The Villas of Amelia Island Plantation Resort offers one-, two- and three-bedroom villas with ocean, golf or resort views.
ABOUT OMNI HOTELS & RESORTS
Omni Hotels & Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences that take guests on “A Total Departure” to 50 distinct luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. From exceptional golf and spa retreats to dynamic business settings, each Omni showcases the local flavor of the destination while featuring four-diamond services, signature restaurants, Wi-Fi connectivity and unique wellness options. Known for its award-winning, personalized service, Omni leaves a lasting impression with every customer interaction, with a heightened level of recognition and rewards delivered through its Select Guest loyalty program and the company’s “Power of One” associate empowerment program. The brand is frequently recognized by top consumer research organizations such as Harris Interactive’s most recent EquiTrends® report which ranked Omni as the Top Luxury Hotel Brand in 2011.To get additional information or book accommodations, visit omnihotels.com or call 1-800-The-Omni.