OMNI MOUNT WASHINGTON RESORT GEARS UP FOR UPCOMING 42ND SKI SEASON AT BRETTON WOODS
Historic resort continues to impress with state-of-the-art improvements, top ranked services and valuable packages
Bretton Woods, N.H. (Nov. 11, 2015) – This winter, ski and snowboard enthusiasts of all ages are invited to Bretton Woods, part of New Hampshire’s historic Omni Mount Washington Resort, to enjoy the area’s 42nd ski season. Located in the upslope snow belt of the highest summit in the east, New Hampshire’s largest ski area was named best in the East for grooming by SKI magazine for an unprecedented third consecutive year. Welcoming the upcoming ski season, the resort has made several enhancements, including snowmaking improvements, lift ticket promotions, Competition Center programs, special events and enticing packages.
Over the past several years, the ski area has devoted millions in capital improvements to enhance the quality of skiing and riding, including new, high-efficiency snowmaking tower guns, state-of-the-art rental equipment and the expansion of its Nordic Trail system, with the addition of Fabyan Fields. This year, the addition of 15 new HKD SV 10 snowmaking tower guns
along the Cascade trail demonstrates the continued commitment to aggressive, early-season snowmaking
across 300 of its 464 acres. Within the next year, Bretton Woods will be home to a new Competition Center for aspiring junior racers
and will offer exciting programs for the winter season. Two new world-class instructors will oversee the program, Gus DeMaggio
, former head coach and alpine director at Kimball Union Academy who previously developed a private international racing academy in Europe, and Michaela Fera
, former associate program director and ski coach at Kimball Union Academy and a prior member of the Romanian National Ski team, having participated in three Olympics and three world championships.
Fabyan Fields, a 3-kilometer network crossing the Ammonoosuc River and encircling a small pond, promises to be a top attraction for cross-country skiers with its park-like setting adjacent to the alpine Base Lodge and home to the new Casual Fridays Race League
. Bretton Woods will continue to be one of the few ski resorts to offer lift-serviced Nordic terrain. The 100-kilometer Nordic trail network includes a network of trails up on the eastern flanks of Mount Stickney, which benefits from colder temperatures and increased snow accumulation that allow for good conditions early and late in the ski season. This year, Moonlight Rambles
at the Bretton Woods Nordic Center will offer skiers and snowshoers an illuminated loop between 6 and 8 p.m. After skiing, participants can cozy up for hot chocolate and refreshments in front of the Nordic Center fireplace. Available Saturday nights from Dec. 26, 2015, to Feb. 27, 2016.
Other exciting Bretton Woods events and specials include:
- Powder & Pasta: Guests can join in the snowy fun every Friday and Saturday from 4 to 8 p.m. with “Powder and Pasta,” available during night skiing at Bretton Woods. After swishing down under the lights on Bigger Ben, Bretton’s Wood, Almost Home, Rosebrook Lane and Rosebrook Meadow, guests can head to the Slopeside Pub for a delicious pasta dinner. Available Friday and Saturday evenings from Dec. 26 to March 12, plus nightly Dec. 27 – 31, Jan. 17 and Feb. 14 – 18; $25 per person includes lift ticket and pasta dinner.
- World’s Largest Ski & Snowboard Lesson: On January 8, skiers can join Bretton Woods along with Ski NH and other U.S. ski associations across America to attempt a new record for the world’s largest ski and snowboard lesson in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Leap Year Ticket Special: In honor of leap year, snow enthusiasts can leap on over to Bretton Woods on Feb. 29 to purchase one ski ticket and get a companion ticket for free. Plus, Leap Year babies born on Feb. 29 who show proof of their birthdays can ski on a complimentary basis.
- Kids Après Ski Parties: Kids ages 4 to 12 can join in this special après ski fun. A supervised program, these parties take place from 3:30 to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and daily during vacation and holiday periods. Each party will include live entertainment, games, activities and refreshments. While the kids are enjoying themselves, parents can enjoy live entertainment during après ski in the Slopeside Restaurant and Pub. Available Saturdays Dec. 19 – March 26, plus daily Dec. 26 – 30, Jan. 1 and 17 and Feb. 13 – 20.
- Lift Ticket Upgrades: Throughout the ski season, guests can upgrade their lift tickets for next day Monday through Friday non-holiday tickets for only $50.
In addition, guests can also book their upcoming winter getaway with the Stay Here, Ski Free Package
, which includes two complimentary ski lift tickets with the purchase of accommodations at The Lodge at Bretton Woods, the world-renowned Omni Mount Washington Resort, the casually elegant Omni Bretton Arms Inn or spacious Townhomes perfect for families and groups of friends. All resort guests can enjoy full access to resort amenities, easily accessible by a complimentary shuttle service. For a full listing of this season’s events and programs, please visit brettonwoods.com/events
. To check out the latest special offerings, including lift tickets deals, visit brettonwoods.com/specials
For more information about the resort, special packages and events or to make lodging reservations at one of the properties, please call 1-800-The-Omni or visit brettonwoods.com/lodging
About Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort is an all-season resort destination in New Hampshire located at the base of Mount Washington and surrounded by the White Mountain National Forest. In September 2009, Omni Hotels began management of the property, which is home to the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, site of the International Monetary Conference of 1944, and Bretton Woods, New Hampshire's largest ski area. Recent renovations unveiled a restored 18-hole Mount Washington Golf Course, 25,000-square-foot The Spa, 20,000-square-foot Conference Center, outdoor pool complex and renovated guestrooms, lobby and public spaces. The Bretton Woods Canopy Tour was also added to the resort's list of amenities, which includes top-rated Alpine and Nordic skiing, 27 holes of championship golf and a full slate of additional seasonal activities. A variety of lodging, dining and activities is offered year-round, along with many traditional and cultural events. For more information, guests can call 1-800-The-Omni or visit omnihotels.com/mountwashington
About Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omni Hotels & Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinct luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. With over 20 world-class golf courses and award-winning spa retreats, to dynamic business settings, each Omni showcases the local flavor of the destination while featuring four-diamond services, signature restaurants, Wi-Fi connectivity and unique wellness options. Known for its distinguished, personalized service, Omni leaves a lasting impression with every customer interaction, with a heightened level of recognition and rewards delivered through its Select Guest loyalty program and the company’s “Power of One” associate empowerment program. The brand is frequently recognized by top consumer research organizations and travel publications and was ranked “Highest in Guest Satisfaction Among Upper Upscale Hotel Chains” in the J.D. Power 2015 North American Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index StudySM. To get additional information or book accommodations, visit omnihotels.com
or call 1-800-The-Omni.