Omni Bretton Arms Inn History
A century of gracious country hospitality
Built as a private home in 1896, The Bretton Arms was first opened to guests in 1907.
For many years, the Inn served as a gracious complement to the larger Mount Washington and Mount Pleasant (1876-1939) Hotels.
Host to a variety of visitors from snowshoeing parties to chauffeurs, The Bretton Arms also served as the distinguished headquarters for the Conference Secretariat during the 44-nation Bretton Woods Monetary Conference in 1944, The Bretton Arms became staff housing for The Mount Washington Hotel and was closed in 1973.
A growing demand for a gracious country inn led to the restoration and reopening of the Bretton Arms in 1986, when it was given its National Historic Landmark designation.