In the heart of San Francisco, experience miles of greenery, bridle paths, lakes and flowers amid countless trees at Golden Gate Park. For the art enthusiast, the scientifically curious or the adventurer of all ages, there are exciting experiences to discover throughout the park. Here you will discover world class museums, various sporting venues, and natural features on more than 1,000 acres of diverse landscape spanning west to Ocean Beach. You can't miss the De Young Museum, California Academy of Sciences, Conservatory of Flowers, or the Japanese Tea Garden.
Things to Know Before You Go
- There is no admission cost to enter the park, but some attractions do have fees.
- There is a lot to see and experience so be sure to allow at least a half day, just to get a small dose of the parks natural beauty.
- On Sunday's, many of the through streets are closed to local traffic, making this a perfect day for a leisurely stroll.
- Be sure to check out the parks website for additional information on special events and concerts that are scheduled throughout the year.
- Parking can be difficult so public transportation or taxi are recommended.
Learn more about Golden Gate Park.
Golden Gate Park Evening Bike Tour
Admire the Golden Gate Bridge and Pacific Ocean on this relaxing, family-friendly bike tour in the evening hours.
Park and Play Package
Guests who book this special offer receive:
- Luxurious accommodations
- 50% off valet parking for one vehicle per night, per room
To learn more about availability and conditions, CLICK HERE