Omni fort worth hotel is well worth the wait
FORT WORTH, Texas (Jan. 12, 2009) – The years of anticipation have proven to be well worth the wait as the luxurious Omni Fort Worth Hotel celebrates its ceremonial opening today. The hotel epitomizes the city of cowboys and culture. Wrapped in glass and sculpted from native stone and rich hardwoods, the 614-room hotel was constructed with a unique design and style that draws upon Fort Worth’s cultural roots and bold Texas flavor to create an unforgettable atmosphere. The stunning new property not only rebrands the skyline but serves as the unofficial “living room” of Fort Worth. Inside and out, the hotel is quintessential Western Chic, with a comfortable elegance that characterizes the public spaces, amenities and restaurants as well as the meeting and guest rooms. Big even by legendary "Lone Star" standards, the Omni Fort Worth Hotel features almost 68,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
Equally appealing is the new hotel’s proximity to other attractions, as it sits directly across from the Fort Worth Convention Center and lies within easy walking distance of the city’s thriving cultural centers, restaurants and nightlife.
Today the Omni Fort Worth Hotel celebrated a truly grand opening with a ceremony and champagne reception, unbolting the doors to the hotel via an oversized Western-themed belt buckle. In a special program, Robert Rowling, Chairman, TRT Holdings; Fort Worth Mayor Mike Moncrief; Ed Netzhammer, General Manager, Omni Fort Worth Hotel; and former Texas Secretary of State Roger Williams addressed a crowd that included community leaders, Omni associates and many other attendees and guests involved with the opening of the hotel.
“This is an exciting day for Omni Hotels and the city of Fort Worth,” said Ed Netzhammer, general manager of the Omni Fort Worth Hotel. “Since breaking ground on the hotel, we have formed tremendous partnerships within the community and have watched a wonderful relationship blossom between this remarkable city and the hotel.”
“The Omni Fort Worth Hotel has changed the downtown skyline forever,” said Fort Worth Mayor Mike Moncrief. “While there has been so much growth in Fort Worth, our capacity to support the demand for convention business has finally been fulfilled. Omni is an unbelievable partner that has built one of its greatest hotels right here in Fort Worth. We look forward to many successful years working with their team.”
In honor of the hotel’s opening and as a gesture of community appreciation, the Omni Fort Worth Hotel is offering a “Worth the Wait” guest package exclusively for Texas residents. Rates start at $99. Valentine's Day Weekend is $149. Other blackout dates apply. Valid Friday and Saturday nights only, January 30 - February 28, 2009. Promotional rate must be pre-paid at the time of booking and is non-refundable. Offer is valid for Texas residents only. A valid Texas drivers license will be required at check-in. A limited number a rooms is available at this rate. No other discounts apply to this limited time offer.
From the ground up, the hotel has celebrated many milestones. Major landmark dates for the property include:
• Aug. 21, 2006: Omni Hotels breaks ground in Fort Worth on a convention center luxury hotel.
• Feb. 27, 2007: Omni Hotels names the first two associates for the new Omni Fort Worth Hotel: Ed Netzhammer, general manager, and Larry Auth, director of sales and marketing.
• June 8, 2007: Omni Fort Worth Hotel begins offering $50,000 in meeting incentives as part of meeting planners’ sweepstakes.
• July 12, 2007: Omni Hotels announces the grand opening of the 1301 Throckmorton sales center for the 89-unit residential development that will sit above the Omni Fort Worth Hotel.
• April 9, 2008: Omni Fort Worth Hotel is named the exclusive catering partner of the Fort Worth Convention Center.
• April 28, 2008: Omni Fort Worth Hotel is topped off, and the 89 luxury residences at 1301 Throckmorton begin to take shape atop the hotel.
• June 24, 2008: Omni Fort Worth Hotel introduces a revolutionary new gratuity system empowering meeting organizers to compensate food and beverage teams based on the level of service provided versus the standard practice of a built-in percent gratuity.
• July 11, 2008: Omni Fort Worth Hotel and the internationally acclaimed Kimbell Art Museum finalize a partnership giving the museum gift shop a second home at the new luxury hotel.
• Aug. 13, 2008: Omni Fort Worth Hotel and the residences at 1301 Throckmorton celebrate the topping off of the entire structure.
• Oct. 2, 2008: Omni Fort Worth Hotel finalizes a pioneering agreement to purchase one of the very first stylish, more eco-friendly 2009 Escalade Hybrids for its guest transportation and as part of its sustainability initiatives.
• Jan. 12, 2009: Omni Fort Worth Hotel celebrates its grand opening with ribbon cutting ceremony and champagne reception.
The opening of the Fort Worth property is another mile
stone in a period of aggressive strategic growth for Omni Hotels. In November 2008, Omni Hotels announced that the brand was recommended by the City of Dallas Economic Development Committee to become the operator for the 1,000-room Dallas Convention Center Hotel, slated to open in 2012. Earlier this month, Omni also became the long-term operator of the renowned Omni Bedford Springs Resort & Spa located in Pennsylvania’s scenic Cumberland Valley. For reservations at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel, guests can call 1-800-THE-OMNI or visit www.omnihotels.com.
ABOUT THE OMNI FORT WORTH HOTEL
The breathtaking Omni Fort Worth Hotel offers an original taste of Texas hospitality. Standing across from the Fort Worth Convention Center, the hotel is within walking distance of the city’s burgeoning cultural centers, restaurants and nightlife, and offers a casual yet sophisticated style and a personality that is as gracious and dynamic as Fort Worth itself. The Omni Fort Worth Hotel consists of 614 guest rooms and suites featuring exceptional natural linens, saddle-blanket throws and stitched pillows. The luxury hotel also boasts fine culinary selections including the renowned Bob’s Steak & Chop House, Wine Thief wine bar, Whisky & Rye sports lounge and Cast Iron Restaurant for a casual dining experience.
Included among the hotel’s 68,000 square feet of meeting and event space are 29 meeting rooms including the grand Texas Ballroom, which alone encompasses 18,788 square feet. The hotel also houses 6,500 square feet of useable outdoor space and access to the Fort Worth Convention Center meeting space, which includes entry to the stunning Fort Worth Water Gardens. Other highlights include 20,000 square feet of landscaped roof-top space, a full-service fitness center, Wi-Fi access, a Kimbell Art Museum Shop and the acclaimed Mokara Spa.
ABOUT 1301 THROCKMORTON OMNI RESIDENCES
The residences at 1301 Throckmorton truly takes hospitality to new heights. Residents of the 89 luxury units being built atop the Omni Fort Worth Hotel will enjoy the ease and convenience of all hotel services and an array of luxurious dining options. Bob’s Steak & Chop House, Wine Thief wine bar and a full-service Starbuck’s will be on-site and easily accessible to residents. The residences will offer stunning views of the Fort Worth skyline, as well as the private residence rooftop pool and terrace. Sculpted from native stone, rich hardwoods and wrapped in glass, the residences will create a rustic yet refined feel. Each residence was designed by Faulkner Design Group and every detail was taken into consideration to ensure a complete luxury experience with a Fort Worth flare.
ABOUT OMNI HOTELS
Omni Hotels creates compelling, memorable guest experiences at 43 luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. From exceptional golf and spa retreats to dynamic business settings, each location features four-diamond services, including award-winning signature restaurants, Wi-Fi connectivity and unique fitness options. Omni’s mission for total customer service is further supported by its “Power of One” program that empowers associates to make on-the-spot decisions to meet or exceed guest expectations. Guests can locate hotels and book accommodations by visiting www.omnihotels.com or by calling 1-800-THE-OMNI.