OMNI HOTELS "LOBBY" FOR ELECTION NIGHT
Irving, Texas (October 15, 2008) – From “Poll Sliders” mini burgers to “Red Recovery” cocktails and more, Omni hotels are turning their lobbies and lounges into dynamic election night headquarters. Serving as a central post for Election Night 2008, the spots will serve as ideal locations for guests and locals alike. From 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., Omni’s “Election Night Returns!” events will incorporate red, white and blue displays, multiple large-screen TVs for viewing and fun, election-themed menus.
“This election has generated intense interest, so we are providing a way for our guests to stay on top of the returns as they happen while enjoying the camaraderie of others,” said Caryn Kboudi, Vice President of Corporate Communications for Omni Hotels. “Travel doesn’t stop on election night, so we took this opportunity to plan a memorable evening for guests and locals who want to watch the returns with others.”
Presidential-themed menu items will include:
- The Red Recovery - Citrus vodka and triple sec with cranberry juice and Sprite
- The Stock Market Blues - Citrus vodka and blue Curacao with soda and Sprite
- “Pull the Lever” Loaded-Up Nachos - Red and blue corn tortilla chips loaded with chilies, jalapenos, chicken, avocado, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream
- Poll Sliders - Mini burgers with cheese, grilled diced onions, pickle, tomatoes and fries
- Open Face “Pork Belly” Sandwich - Pulled pork with BBQ sauce, cole slaw and fries
- The All-American Patriot Apple Pie – a large slice, served ala mode
Guests and locals attending “Election Night Returns!” can also fill out a ballot for a drawing for a weekend stay in the hotel’s Presidential Suite.
ABOUT OMNI HOTELS
Omni Hotels creates compelling, memorable guest experiences by tempting the senses in innovative ways. Omni Hotels offers luxury accommodations at 43 hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. From exceptional golf and spa retreats to dynamic business settings, each location features four-diamond services, including award-winning signature restaurants, Wi-Fi connectivity and unique fitness options. Omni’s mission for total customer service is further supported by its “Power of One” program that empowers associates to make on-the-spot decisions to meet or exceed guest expectations. Guests can locate hotels and book accommodations by visiting www.omnihotels.com or by calling 1-800-THE-OMNI.