From A Single Golf Stroke To Countless Brush Strokes, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa Hosts Special Events For Golfers and Art Enthusiasts Alike
The No. 1 Golf Resort in Texas Challenges Golfers to Win a Jaguar F-Pace with 'Hole-in-One to Win;' Supports Central Texas Food Bank with Live 'Canvas for a Cause' Art Show
AUSTIN, TEXAS (Feb. 3, 2017)
– From the prospect of winning a luxurious new SUV with a single swing of a golf club to witnessing the creation of artful masterpieces, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
has created two engaging events for golf lovers and art enthusiasts alike. The luxurious Hill Country resort’s “Hole-in-One to Win
” challenge Saturday, Feb. 25 allows all golfers the chance to win a brand new Jaguar SUV while the “Canvas for a Cause
” live art show Thursday, March 2 will support the Central Texas Food Bank.
“Hole-in-One to Win” Challenge
The “Hole-in-One to Win,” presented by Jaguar Land Rover Austin, provides golfers the chance to win a new Jaguar F-PACE®
. Any registered resort guest or Barton Creek Country Club member who books a tee time at Fazio Canyons Saturday, Feb. 25 will be eligible to compete in this exclusive competition. The first player to “ace” hole No. 3 of the championship golf course will win the brand-new luxury performance vehicle. Fazio Canyons is a 7,153-yard, par-72 course that boasts the signature of legendary golf designer Tom Fazio with its winding streams and creeks, limestone-bedded canyons and captivating views. Embodying the Fazio trademark of protecting and preserving the environment, Canyons was the first resort course in Texas to be certified as an Audubon International Signature Sanctuary, a program that helps companies follow comprehensive sustainable resource management principles.
Golfers will be monitored throughout the day to witness this amazing shot. Only the first person to accomplish the challenge will win. Tee times are available from 8 a.m. to sunset. Book early for the limited-time promotion by calling 512-329-4653.
“Canvas for a Cause”
Local Austinites, resort guests and Barton Creek Country Club members can watch Austin art come alive at Omni Barton Creek Thursday, March 2 from 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. in the resort’s Pavilion. During this unique live art show, the following artists will complete a beautiful work of art that depicts love, community and hope. Patrons will enjoy passed hors d'oeuvres and wine and can bid on their favorite piece of art to take home. A portion of all proceeds will benefit the Central Texas Food Bank.
The artist lineup includes:
- Erin Bower: Erin Bower has followed her passion for painting to become a muralist and portrait painter. She currently works for Showgoat Mural Works, a mural painting company that paints signage and commercial images throughout Austin and its surrounding areas.
- Alexandra Torres: Psalm's Canvas came about after a church retreat in September 2009 when Torres felt the calling upon her heart to use her poetry to inspire her paintings. She aims to build communities through art and teach people how to paint and find peace through the craft.
- Ernesto Hernandez: Ernesto Hernandez is a self-taught muralist who has exhibited and created public art for the last 19 years with more than 45 large scale projects in Mexico and the U.S. He has been a member of several muralist groups and trans-national artist collectives, and has exhibited or created work for the Civil Rights Museum in Savannah, Ga., Senecu Gallery in El Paso, Texas, Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center in Austin, as well as several galleries and museums in Mexico.
- Briar Bonifacio: Briar Bonifacio's work has been displayed in New York, San Francisco and even Hong Kong. His preferred inspiration is still outdoors – especially on Austin's east side where he has lived since childhood.
- Dondi J. Aguirre: Aguirre has always had an interest in figurative drawing and painting. Making art is his creative outlet to expressive release. An outlet that he hopes will connect to the viewer and that they may be emotionally moved, that they may relate to what they are seeing in some way or manner when they look at his artwork.
“Canvas for a Cause” is for adults 21 and older. Tickets are available for $30 per person. A “Show & Dinner” offer is also available for booking and includes a pre-fixe meal at 8212 Wine Bar & Grill for $50 per person. To purchase tickets online, click here. For more information, call 512-306-5612.
For more information on the “Hole-in-One to Win” golf competition, “Canvas for a Cause” live art show, and other packages or special offers, guests may visit www.omnihotels.com/bartoncreek
or call 1-800-336-6158. Travelers or media also can follow Omni Barton Creek at Facebook.com/OmniBartonCreek
About Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Austin’s leading golf destination, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa treats active, discerning travelers to a welcoming and invigorating luxury experience set against a breathtaking Hill Country environment. Heralded as the #1 golf resort in Texas, Omni Barton Creek boasts four nationally acclaimed championship courses. The resort features 309 spacious and beautifully appointed guest rooms, a full-service Three Springs Spa, superior dining experiences in its Hill Country Dining Room and 8212 Wine Bar & Grill, and the industry’s finest meeting and wedding facilities. For more information on Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, call 1-800-336-6158 or visit omnihotels.com/bartoncreek.