Whether you’re an accomplished player looking for pointers or someone new to the sport, the professional teaching staff at the Barton Creek Golf Academy can help you improve every facet of your game.
Brech Spradley, Director of Instruction PGA
- Class A PGA Member
- Recently named Lead Coach with the Golf Channel Academy, Brech is one of a select group to receive this designation
- Named Golf Digest Best Teachers In Texas 2013-2014
- Nominated Golf Magazine Top 100 in America 2013-2014
- GSEM, Authorized Instructor of The Golfing Machine
- Certified FlightScope Instructor (Dopplar Radar)
- Certified in 3-D Motion Analysis (K-Vest)
- Certified in Science & Motion (SAM putting)
- Certified TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) Fitness Instructor
- Certified GolfPsych Instructor
- Former lead instructor of the Chuck Cook Golf Academy (Chuck Cook is recognized as the #5 instructor in the U.S. by Golf Digest)
Garry Rippy, Academy Instructor PGA
- Quarter Century member of the PGA of America
- More than 40 years’ experience teaching and playing competitive golf
- Winner of numerous PGA section events including the STPGA Section Senior Championship
- Qualified for Champions TOUR Q-School Finals as well as three PGA TOUR events
- Head golf professional at the TPC at the Woodlands for more than 12 years
- Certified EyeLine Putting Instructor
Barbara Puett, Academy Instructor
- Co-author of Golf Etiquette, Golf Etiquette Revised, and A Woman’s Own Golf Book
- Austin American Statesman Golf Teacher of the Year, 1989
- Former Women’s State Champion and Six-time Austin City Women’s Champion
- Contributing instructional editor to Women’s Golf Texas magazine
- Speaker of the National Golf Foundation, “Strategy for Effective Teaching”
Jonathan Fleming, Director of Fitness PGA
- PGA Class A Certified Professional in Teaching and Coaching & Player Development
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- Titleist Performance Institute Level 3 Certified Instructor in Golf Mechanics, Fitness and Medical
- Functional Movement Systems (FMS) Level 1, Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) and Fundamental Capacity Screen (FCS) Certified
- Certified Russian Kettlebell Challenge (RKC) Instructor
- BodiTrak Certified Golf Ground Mechanics
- TRX Qualified in Suspension Training, RIP Trainer, Functional Training, Sports Medicine and Group Suspension
- AimPoint Express Qualified
Dr. Erik Gnagy PhD, PGA - Mental Game Specialist
- M.S. Applied Sports Psychology from CSU, Fullerton
- PhD Behavior and Sports Performance from UT, Austin
- Leading Expert in Descison making in Golf
- Worked with PGA and Web.Com Tour Players on the Mental Game
- Worked with National Teams and Junior Olympic Teams
For additional information on golf academy services, please call (512) 306-5805 or visit the Barton Creek Golf Academy.
Putting School – $250 per person
The Putting School program teaches players methods to “read the greens”, using tips from the pros. As the putter is the club used most often, it pays to focus on putting skills, and our golf experts use workshops and time-tested drills to help you make improvements. Enrollment includes a personalized putter fitting analysis to determine the most advantageous putter for you. The class may be added to any program above, or taken separately.
Individual Instruction – $100 per hour and up
The Barton Creek Golf Academy offers private instruction for golfers of all skill levels.
Corporate Golf Clinics
Customized schools for corporate outings, sales incentive awards and client entertainment may be arranged with our team of golf expert instructors. Programs can be developed to meet your needs and include players of all levels, whether as a stand-alone event or as part of a larger planned function.. For a perfect venue for corporate gatherings, head over to the Rock House at Fazio Canyons.
Compare your swing to the professional swing of your favorite players in our four-video hitting bay. Our state-of-the-art facility allows you to video your swing from down the line, in front, behind, and from above.
This analysis tool uses three wireless sensors to provide an accurate swing analysis including visual and auditory feedback in real time. This interactive system provides feedback in one complete package using video and 3-D analysis, and real-time review.
This tool analyzes the 28 most important parameters of your putting stroke using ultrasound measurements, and provides a graphic report in a format that is easy to understand.This analytical training system will help you find the individual strengths and weaknesses of your putting game.
Professional Club Fitting
Find the overall best club combination for your game using our FlightScope ball tracking technology and Callaway Optifit Cart. Utilizing learnings from Doppler radar and digital signal processing technology traditionally used to track ballistic projectiles in defense systems, these technologies may be adapted to improve your game.
Edel Putter Fitting
Think a straight line is straight? Your eyes may tell you something different. More than 30 million variables affect how your eyes see a straight line. Our certified instructors review and analyze the most important of these variables and use that assessment to recommend the optimal putter. Learnings look at the perfect putter’s shape, length, lie, loft, line combination, offset, and weight.