Hamilton Pool is a historic swimming hole with the most amazing views. Swimming holes are not found in all locations so it is an extra special place here in Austin. The Hamilton Pool is reached after a brief hike to the preservation.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Hamilton Pool is located about 45 minutes from the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown (24300 Hamilton Pool Rd, Dripping Springs, TX)
- Calling the Public Information Line will let you know the current status of the preserve, whether swimming and hiking are allowed. Remember the preserve sometimes closes due to recent rain and hazardous trail conditions. The phone number is 512-264-2740. It is updated daily at 9:00 a.m., or when rain changes the opening status during the day.
- Cash and local checks are accepted. Credit cards are NOT accepted.
- Fees are $15 per vehicle, or $5 per vehicle if vehicle has a senior citizen (62 years) or a disabled vet.
- Pets are prohibited. No exceptions, not even if the pet is on a leash or kept in your vehicle. Please do not bring them.
- No lifeguard is on duty. Swim at your own risk, when swimming is allowed.
- Recreational activities end at 5:30 p.m. No entry is allowed after 5:30 p.m. The gates lock at 6:00 p.m.
- Bring drinking water. Drinking water and concessions are not available.
- The hike to the pool is a quarter of a mile long. The trail is beautiful, but it is also steep and rocky, with uneven steps.
- Glass bottles and the public display of alcohol consumption are prohibited.
- Please have alternative plans ready in case you are turned away due to overcrowding. This is very common during the warm-weather months. In the summer, it happens everyday when swimming is allowed.
Learn More about the Hamilton Pool.
Bed and Breakfast Package
Guests who book this special offer receive:
- Luxurious accommodations
- Daily breakfast for each registered guest in the restaurant, either full American breakfast or breakfast buffet
To learn more about availability and conditions, click here.