Red Rocks Park is the premier outdoor concert destination in Colorado, consistently ranked as a top venue in the nation for both audiences and performers. In addition to concerts, Red Rocks amphitheater hosts summer movies and fitness classes. The surrounding 640 acre park has a variety of hiking and biking trails set against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Additional special events occur throughout the year, such as sunrise services on Easter and a series of concerts with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra.
Set between two giant sandstone monoliths, Red Rocks contains the only naturally occurring, acoustically perfect amphitheater. The current stage and seating area were completed in 1941, built by the Civilian Conservation Corp. The park is known for its massive red rock outcroppings located throughout, which are part of the fountain geological formation (as are the Flatirons near Boulder) and is listed as a National Historic Landmark. Other attractions in the area include Dinosaur Ridge, Bandimeer Speedway and the town of Morrison.
With a variety of activities within the park and nearby, Red Rocks Park is perfect for all age groups. Kids may enjoy visiting Dinosaur Ridge with preserved fossils and dinosaur footprints. Dinosaur Ridge has two visitor centers (one located within Red Rocks park) to show the geological history of the area, and offers van tours of the fossilized remains.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Red Rocks is located approximately 40 minutes from the Omni Interlocken Hotel near the town of Morrison, Colorado.
- The park is located at an elevation of 6,450 feet above sea level, so be sure to bring sunscreen and water.
- The amphitheater closes early to the public on dates with ticketed events, so check the schedule before you visit.
- Locals often arrive to concerts early and tailgate in the expansive parking lots - just be sure to follow the regulations regarding alcohol and BBQ grills.
- Weekend mornings are also very popular with exercise and yoga classes taking advantage of the natural challenges that exist in the seating areas and concourse.
Learn more about Red Rocks Park.
Foothills Explorer Tour from Denver
Explore the famous, natural amphitheater of Red Rocks and the gorgeous foothills of the Rocky Mountains on this 4-hour tour.
Escape and Save Package
Guests who book this offer receive:
- Luxurious accommodations
- 15% off our best available rates
To learn more about availability and conditions, click here