The Tap Room Pittsburgh Restaurant
Watch the game with cold drinks and pub fare
The “Tap Room” opened in 1934 as “The Continental,” one of the two “repealatoriums” that opened in the William Penn after the repeal of prohibition.
There are historical questions as to when the room closed, but this much is known: the room first began to take its present day shape when it was opened as “The Harp and Crown” in 1958. The name was taken from the original “Sign of The Harp and Crown,” a popular Pittsburgh tavern in the late 1700’s.
In the 1970s, the “Harp and Crown” became “The Colonial Tap Room.” After a hiatus in the 1980s, the “Tap Room,” as it is known today, opened in 1992.