Explore Balboa Park, home to lush grounds, gardens, forests, playgrounds, architecture, and more than 17 museums. From local history, to aviation, trains, cars, arts, and culture, Balboa has it all. There is also no shortage of performing arts with various plays, musicals, orchestras, ballet, dancing, and song performed throughout the park. Tours are available and hosted by a variety of different specialists depending on the type of experience you want. Pre-recorded audio tours are also available if you’re looking to explore at your own pace.
Enjoy the outdoors at Balboa Park with miles of hiking trails for beginners to avid hikers. As well as golf, tennis, swimming, cycling, archery, and more!
Things to Know Before You Visit Balboa Park
- The park is located close to Downtown and San Diego International Airport. The center of the park is located at 1549 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101.
- Parking is free and available in the Inspiration Point Parking Lot and multiple smaller lots throughout the park.
- The park grounds are open 24 hours a day.
- The Visitors Center is located in the House of Hospitality building in the heart of the park, and is open 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily.
- If you only have a few hours to spend in the park, chat with a park official to plan out how you can make the most of your time–it’s so vast and diverse, you could definitely spend a whole day at the park exploring!
Learn more about Balboa Park.
Private Balboa Park Tour
Explore San Diego's Balboa Park with a private guide, and hear informative narration about this 1,200-acre cultural icon.
Bed and Breakfast Package
Guests who book this offer receive:
- Luxurious accommodations
- Daily $20 breakfast credit for each registered guest
To learn more about availability and conditions, click here