MAKE SUMMER AN ADVENTURE WITH SEASONAL SAVINGS AND OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FROM THE OMNI HOMESTEAD RESORT
Hot Springs, VA Resort features two-acre water park, hiking, horseback riding, falconry, canoeing, archery, and more
June 15, 2015 Hot Springs, Va.
– The Omni Homestead Resort
invites guests to explore its expansive, mountainside grounds this summer with a myriad of activities, including a two-acre water park, Allegheny Springs. The historic mountain retreat offers an adventure for all different ages, experience levels, and interests.
This summer, travelers are invited to pick the adventure activity that suits them with The Omni Homestead Resort’s seasonal Adventure Package.* Rates start at $295 and include: one activity* per day, per person; parking for one vehicle; 50 percent discount for KidsClub; 15 percent discount off additional outdoor activities. A breakfast plan is available for an additional cost.
A sampling of activities included in the Adventure Package are:
- Lazy River Inner Tube for Allegheny Springs – The Omni Homestead Resort’s two-acre water park is fed by natural springs. The whole family will enjoy Mountain Rush with two 100-foot water slides, or a leisurely float on the 400-foot lazy river. There is also a water play zone and sandy beach for kids, a large family pool for everyone, a whirlpool, cabanas and more. Open daily, weather permitting.
- Archery – The resort’s archery range has eight stationary targets of varying distances for adults and children, while field archers will experience a thrill at the 10-station 3D archery range. One-hour session with youth and adult equipment provided.
- The Homestead Shooting Club – The Omni Homestead Resort’s world-famous sporting clays courses extend for almost a mile through woods. Offerings include two sporting clays courses, four skeet fields, trap and five-stand courses along the way. All equipment is provided and certified National Sporting Clays Association (NSCA) instructors are available for group and private lessons. Reservations required.
- Fly Casting Clinic – The Cascades Stream at The Omni Homestead Resort has some of the best fly-fishing in Virginia. Join the resort’s Orvis-trained guides for one-hour clinics of fly-fishing techniques with everything from fly selection to essential knots. Reservations required.
- Horseback Riding – Enjoy a 30-minute group trail ride through the wooded forest. The resort’s stables house approximately 50 horses, providing an opportunity to breathe the clean mountain air, soak up the beauty of the Alleghenies, and come away refreshed.
For those yearning for additional adventure fun, other resort activities include falconry
at the world-class Mews Facility (Beginner lessons $89 per adult/$74 per child (ages 5-15); intermediate lessons $135 per adult, $115 per child), golfing
on one of the resort’s two famed courses, the Old Course and Cascades Course, Segway Tours
, and much more
Resort rates from $180. For more information or to make reservations at The Omni Homestead Resort, please contact (800) 838-1766 or visit http://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/homestead-virginia
*Available seven days a week. Recreational activities must be booked in advance of stay. Activities do not include lessons, private activity or ammo. Surcharges may apply to upgrade some activities. Based on availability. Package rates do not include taxes. No cash value on any unused portions. Not applicable to groups, conventions or in combination with other discount offers. Summer activities available for Adventure Package guests include: Inner tube for Lazy River (yours to keep); Mini Cascades Miniature Golf; 30-minute group trail ride; fly-casting clinic; hiking; archery; skeet; trap; mountain biking; hayride; Jefferson Pools. Age and height restrictions apply for some activities.
About The Omni Homestead Resort
Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead Resort is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,300-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural healing springs, The Omni Homestead Resort is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, and more than 30 recreational amenities. The resort offers an expansive, luxurious spa with exclusive, adults-only spa garden and two championship golf courses including The Cascades, one of the nation's finest mountain courses. Allegheny Springs is a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides, family pool and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area; a beautiful Equestrian Center with 28 stalls, visiting barn with 40 stalls and riding arena; top-rated Shooting Club with trap, skeet, sporting clays; fly-fishing; archery; falconry; off-road Segway tours; Mini Cascades, a new 18-hole miniature golf course and a wealth of other recreational attractions. The Homestead became part of Omni Hotels & Resorts on July 1, 2013.
About Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omni Hotels & Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinct luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. With over 20 world-class golf courses and award-winning spa retreats, to dynamic business settings, each Omni showcases the local flavor of the destination while featuring four-diamond services, signature restaurants, Wi-Fi connectivity and unique wellness options. Known for its distinguished, personalized service, Omni leaves a lasting impression with every customer interaction, with a heightened level of recognition and rewards delivered through its Select Guest loyalty program and the company's "Power of One" associate empowerment program. The brand is frequently recognized by top consumer research organizations and travel publications. To get additional information or book accommodations, visit omnihotels.com
or call 1-800-The-Omni.