Providing guided campus tours
Yale University's Mead Visitor Center is the best resource for parents and prospective students. The Visitor Center coordinates campus tours led by Yale undergraduates that give a glimpse into the prestigious and historic Yale University. Private tours and foreign language tours are available for a fee and by appointment. Groups of 10 or more must schedule a private tour.
For those who are fans of history, the tour will take you by Yale's largest library, Gothic Sterling Memorial Library, and the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, home to one of the rarest books in the world, the Gutenberg Bible.
The Visitor Center is closed Thanksgiving Day and from December 23 - January 2. Tours are not available on Harvard-Yale Game Day.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Address: 149 Elm Street, New Haven, CT 06511
- Located less than half a mile from Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Guided Tours: Monday - Friday 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday 1:30 p.m.
- Call 203-432-2300 to schedule a private tour. It's recommended to make requests at least two weeks before your visit
- Check out the Yale University Art Gallery to view a diverse and expansive collection of paintings, sculptures and more
Learn more about the Visitor Center.
Welcome to Yale Package at Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
Guests who book this special offer receive:
- Luxurious accommodations
- Yale mug, baseball cap, plush bulldog and a chocolate bulldog per room
To learn more about availability and conditions, CLICK HERE