Shopping, dining, entertainment and Pittsburgh tours
In the 1870's, guests would arrive to meet passengers arriving on the Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad, the space now referred to as Station Square. Since then, Pittsburgh has evolved from a town known for its rivers and industry to a city diverse in culture, food, art and education. Station Square sits across from downtown on the Monongahela River and preserves its industrial history with spaces like the Landmarks Building, which was built in 1900 as the Pittsburgh Terminal Train Station. Today, the historic building is home to beloved Pittsburgh restaurants, Grand Concourse and Gandy Dancer. The Freight House Shops, which was once a train shed, has been transformed but still indicative of the the original railroad buildings. The shops host almost 20 retailers where guests can purchase Pittsburgh souvenirs, toys, fashions, jewelry and cigars.
At the center of Station Square is Bessemer Court, which was designed to commemorate the city's history of steel. You'll find Hard Rock Cafe and the Fountain at Bessemer Court. The Waltzing Waters Liquid Fireworks Show features hundreds of multi-colored water jets that jump to reach heights of 40 feet in the air, all choreographed to music for the enjoyment of the audience.
Things to Know Before You Go
- If a tour is in your plans, you can see Pittsburgh by land, Segway, river or trolley! All of these assets operate from Station Square and are fun for both family and couples.
- Take in a soccer game at the Highmark Staduim, built in 2012 and home to the Pittsburgh Riverhounds.
- It is convenient to park at Station Square. There are three outside parking facilities and one garage facility with over 3,500 spaces. Guests of the Omni William Penn Hotel can also access Station Square on foot (about 1.5 miles) or through the Metro Rail, located just across the street from the hotel's Grant Street exit.
Learn more about Station Square.
Downtown Date Night at Omni William Penn
Guests who book this special offer receive:
- Deluxe accommodations
- Dinner for two at Terrace Restaurant
- One bottle of champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries delivered to guest room per night
- Turndown service with one red rose per night
- Breakfast two in hotel restaurant
- Late check-out at 5:00 p.m.
To learn more about availability and conditions, CLICK HERE