Check out our amazing animals and exhibits
The Mokara Hotel & Spa is not only located in the heart of downtown San Antonio, but is also a great location for families looking to explore all of the city’s great attractions. One of the attractions is the San Antonio Zoo, which is just a quick 15 minute drive from the hotel. San Antonio's first zoo consisted of a collection of animals assembled in San Pedro Park in the 1800s. In 1914, Colonel George W. Brackenridge, one of the city's leading citizens and founder of the San Antonio Express-News, placed buffalo, elk, deer, monkeys, a pair of lions and four bears on land he had deeded over to the City in what is now known as Brackenridge Park. This collection became the San Antonio Zoo.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Zoo is home to a wide variety of animals representing 750 species on 56 acres, of which 34 acres are public pathways. More than 1,000,000 guests visit the San Antonio Zoo annually – 13,155 of those being children participating in education programs and 80,000 school children coming on field trips. Exploring both the Mokara Hotel & Spa and the San Antonio Zoo will allow your family to have a great vacation away from home while also being a learning experience.
- Address: 3903 N St. Mary's St, San Antonio, TX 78212
- Asking the Front Desk or Concierge questions about the San Antonio Zoo and other attractions is a great idea because they are so knowledgeable and helpful!
- Make sure to arrive to the Zoo early to avoid the hassle of parking. There are also free parking areas and a link on the website to help you plan. Another option is to use public transportation or catching a cab in case you did not drive in with a car.
- The Zoo also does a lot of events during peak times of the season in San Antonio, like Halloween and Christmas, so if you are able to book a room during those times, you will be able to participate in multiple events all over the City.
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Learn more about the zoo.
Amor del Rio Package at Mokara Hotel & Spa
Guests who book this special offer receive:
- Luxurious premier room accommodations
- Daily Mokara Signature breakfast in Ostra or through private dining, per registered guest
- Bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate truffles at turndown each evening
- Complimentary valet parking for one vehicle per night
To learn more about availability and conditions, CLICK HERE