While this excursion may be a somber one, it is part of our country's history and commemorates a day we will never forget. Part of this unforgettable day were 40 passengers and crew aboard one of the planes, Flight 93, which saved the nation from an attack on the U.S. Capitol. The Flight 93 National Memorial is located 30 miles east of Omni Bedford Springs Resort.
There are three main areas on this national park to visit. The Memorial Plaza resides on the edge of the crash site, which is the final resting place of the passengers and crew, honored on the Wall of Names. Above the Memorial Plaza at the crash site, the Visitor Center Complex includes the Visitor Center with exhibit area, Learning Center, a parking area, Allée and Western Overlook trailheads, and the Flight Path Walkway and Overlook. Finally, there are 40 Memorial Groves, honoring the passengers and crew.
Things to Know Before You Go
- There is no fee to visit this national memorial park. But, the experience will be monumental.
- The Visitor Center Complex is on a hilltop. Weather is ever changing. Be sure to check the weather forecast before you visit and plan accordingly. There is limited shade and the sun can be intense. Winters are cold and windy. Since the Memorial Plaza is an open field, there is limited shelter from the elements.
- There are water fountains and a water bottle filling station at the Visitor Center. There is no water or water drinks for sale on site.
- Tribute items left at the Memorial Plaza will be collected regularly and may added to the Tribute collection. Items may be left at the Wall of Names.
- The crash site itself is accessible only to Flight 93 passenger and crew family members.
- Park grounds are open sunrise to sunset. The Visitor Center is open daily 9:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m. except: New Years Day, Christmas Day and Thanksgiving.
Learn more about the Memorial.
Build Your Own Package at Omni Bedford Springs Resort
Guests who book this special offer receive:
- Luxurious accommodations
- The rest is up to you! During the booking process, select the following amenities you'd like to add: cupcakes & milk, Art of Breakfast Buffet, Historic tour with keepsake book, Premium parking, Late check-out, Pro shop credit, Sparkling wine & strawberries and Signature spa welcome amenity
To learn more about availability and conditions, CLICK HERE