- Naturalist Kayak – Join a naturalist on a leisurely guided paddle through the salt marsh at sunrise.
- Seabreeze Segway – Explore the resort on a Segway through maritime forests, beachside paths and out to the beach.
- Back to Nature Segway – Explore the resort on a Segway through maritime forests and marsh boardwalks to learn about plants, animals and natural forces that shape our island.
- Paddleboard Experience – Paddle the water standing up!
- Eclipse Pedalboard Experience - Propel through the water on these new innovative boards!
*Kayaking introductory lesson provided. Minimum age is 8 years old. Ages 8–12 are required to paddle in a tandem with an adult; 13 years or older can paddle alone. Limited tandem kayaks available.
*Segway introductory lesson provided. Minimum age is 8 years old, minimum weight is 65 lb.
*Paddleboarding geared towards all skill levels with introductory paddle lesson. 10- and 11-foot boards available. Minimum age is 13 years old.
*Eclipse Pedalboarding introductory lesson provided. Minimum age is 13 years old, children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum 80 lbs. and up.
- Eco Bike Hike – Join our naturalists as they lead you on an exploration on the resort's bike paths. Bikes are included during tour, no trailing wheels or trailers.
- Birds of Amelia – Explore the diversity of species on Amelia Island. Whether an experienced birder or a novice, Amelia’s list of bird species is sure to entice you. Binoculars are included during tour.
- Marsh Walk – Enjoy a leisurely walk through various trails at Drummond Point Park.
Family Discovery Series
- Crab Grab – Go crabbing with the naturalists the old fashioned way.
- Shark Tooth Discovery – Learn about different sharks while combing the beach for your own sharks’ teeth. Then craft your very own necklace to take home.
- Snake Discovery – Get up close and personal with the Nature Center’s most slithery residents.
- Fishing 101 – Enjoy a leisurely hour of freshwater fishing on the banks of Aury Island.*
- Sea Turtle Discovery – (tour only offered May–October) Discover the precious sea turtle and make a conservation bracelet.
*Rentals are for on-property guests only.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation's Red Maple Lake and Aury Island contain a variety of brim, bass and catfish. A license is not required to fish these private freshwater ponds while practicing a catch and release policy.
Walker's Landing and some of the brackish water lagoons off the marsh feature tarpon, redfish, trout, flounder and many more. A Florida fishing license is required to fish these areas. Please visit the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website to buy a license.
FISHING POLE RENTALS – NATURE CENTER
- Closed and open freshwater reels – $20 for 24-hour rental
- 1/2 lb. bag of frozen shrimp is available for purchase.
The Nature Center also offers Fishing 101 for the beginner fisherman in your family. For more information contact the nature center at (904) 321-5082 or ext 5082 on property.
- Take a step back in fishing history. Test your skills with a cane pole to try and catch bream.
- Experience the most common way of fishing in our freshwater ponds. Use conventional rods and favorite species on property.
Ages: 5 and up
Cost: $20 per person*Duration: 1 hour
*Rentals are for on-property guests only.
FISHING TRIPS AND CHARTERS
The surrounding waters on Amelia Island offer a variety of saltwater fishing opportunities together with sailing charters, day cruises, and sightseeing tours. Fish Amelia Island's inlets on a four-passenger charter and test your luck against tarpon, shark and redfish. Six-passenger trolling charters are also available, giving anglers the opportunity for striking game fish such as kingfish, cobia, barracuda, amberjack and bonito on several manmade and natural reefs offshore. Drift fishing these reefs also produces black sea bass, snapper and grouper.
For more information on fishing trips and charters off-property, please call Amelia Angler Outfitters at (904) 261-2870.
Become a Junior Naturalist
Follow a naturalist behind the scenes and help him or her complete his or her daily duties.