- Naturalist Kayak – Join a naturalist on a leisurely guided paddle through the salt marsh at sunrise.
- Seabreeze Segway – Explore the resort on a Segway through maritime forests, beachside paths and out to the beach.
- Back to Nature Segway – Explore the resort on a Segway through maritime forests and marsh boardwalks to learn about plants, animals and natural forces that shape our island.
- Paddleboard Experience – Paddle the water standing up!
*Kayaking introductory lesson provided. Minimum age is 8 years old. Ages 8–12 are required to paddle in a tandem with an adult; 13 years or older can paddle alone. Limited tandem kayaks available.
*Segway introductory lesson provided. Minimum age is 8 years old, minimum weight is 65 lb.
*Paddleboarding geared towards all skill levels with introductory paddle lesson. 10- and 11-foot boards available. Minimum age is 13 years old.
- Bike Hike – Join our naturalists as they lead you on an exploration on the resort's bike paths. Bikes are included during tour, no trailing wheels or trailers.
- Birds of Amelia – Explore the diversity of species on Amelia Island. Whether an experienced birder or a novice, Amelia’s list of bird species is sure to entice you. Binoculars are included during tour.
- Marsh Walk – Enjoy a leisurely walk through various trails at Drummond Point Park.
Family Discovery Series
- Crab Grab – Go crabbing with the naturalists the old fashioned way.
- Shark Tooth Hunt – Learn about different sharks while combing the beach for your own sharks’ teeth.
- Shark Tooth Necklaces – Craft your very own necklace from a sharks tooth to take home with you
- Snake Discovery – Get up close and personal with the Nature Center’s most slithery residents.
- Fishing 101 – Enjoy a leisurely hour of freshwater fishing on the banks of Aury Island.
- Treasure Seekers – Join a tour for a specific age level that uses maps, compasses and other navigational tools to find pirate treasure.
- Sea Turtle Discovery – (tour only offered May–October) Discover the precious sea turtle and make a conservation bracelet.
- Critter Encounter – Learn about the Nature Center residents and get the opportunity to touch during this exclusive tour.
- Critter Talk – Visit the Nature Center during the animals' favorite time of day – feeding time!
Children's Discovery Series
Children's nature programs geared towards children ages 4–12.
- Fish & Trips – Identify and learn about unique marine creatures that inhabit the salt marsh and the surrounding area.
- Energetic Ecology – Explore the salt marsh and maritime forest for vegetation and critters.
- Backyard Birds – Identify intriguing birds of the marsh and maritime forest while playing bird-brain games.
- Timucuan Indian Expedition – Take a journey around an Indian burial mound.
Nature @ Night Series
- Sunset With The Birds – Observe diurnal birds as they set flight to roost for the night as well as nocturnal birds and bats emerging to explore and feed. Binoculars are included during the tour.
- New Moon Beach Walk – Meander the beach at sunset in search of unique shells, nocturnal creatures, bioluminescence, sea turtles and other interesting beach inhabitants.
- Sunset Kayak – Join a naturalist on a leisurely guided paddle through the salt marsh at sunset.
- Moonlight Kayak – Join a naturalist on a leisurely guided paddle through the salt marsh led by the moonlight.
Become a Junior Naturalist
Follow a naturalist behind the scenes and help him or her complete his or her daily duties.